3 software ideas:
I had a couple of software ideas today. I listened to a Software Engineering Daily podcast that was about developers making money from their side projects, so I think that influenced me. Link for those interested. This is a part of an ongoing series where I try and come up with 3 ideas per day. This exercise stimulates creativity and is fun and often more challenging than I expect. Let me know what you think of these ideas in the comment section below 🙂
- This is a programming game. Sort of like lightbot, but 2D and with the goal of teaching functions
- Use functions to move a dot to it’s goal
- functions can move dot up down left right
- functions can also split the dot, for puzzles where multiple dots must be used
- all dots must be on their corresponding destinations for the level to be beaten
- This is an app that helps you work on your main focus areas.
- Users list what they’d like to focus more on life
- the app walks the users through picking blocks of time where they could potentially focus on something
- app suggests that you work on one of your focus areas during your blocks of free time
- app has triggers and integrations to detect when you are doing your focus activity
- app connects you with others who are trying to do more of what you’re trying to do more of
- Tests your familiarity with the basics of a given software development stack.
- Asks you to answer questions or provide code snippets to accomplish basic tasks for a given stack.
- Times your responses and runs code against unit tests.
- Statistics are generated so that you can see your proficiency in a stack, and find things you need to work on.